Welcome to Holy Innocents'
Welcome to the unofficial webpage of the Church of the Holy Innocents, Fallowfield, Manchester. We are an Anglican community, just a few kilometres south of Manchester City Centre. Situated near in the midst of eateries and public houses frequented by students at the universities in Manchester, our Sunday Eucharist attracts students as well as those whose parish church it is. Holy Innocents' tries to be an open, non-judgmental church. We offer the sacramental richness of the Catholic Tradition while remaining faithful to Anglican tradition and practice. The Holy sacrifice of the Eucharist is central to our Christian life and witness and is offered daily at various times, to suit different lifestyles.
Times of liturgies:Sunday
- The Eucharist is also celebrated throughout the week at the following times:
- Monday, Thursday and Friday: 1930
- Tuesday: 1200
- Wednesday and Saturday: 0900
The Eucharist is also offered on Principal Feasts and Holy Days as announced. All liturgies are from Common Worship, supplemented minimally by the Roman Missal and other oecumenical sources. The rite for the Eucharist is CW Order One in contemporary language. A priest is usually available for counsel or sacramental Confession after the Saturday Eucharist until about 1100.
Where to find us
Holy Innocents' is on Wilbraham Road, (just off Wilmslow Road), next to the Queen of Hearts pub. From the A5103, heading north, turn right onto Wilbraham Road, (opposite Whalley Range High School) and follow it to the end. We are on the left.
- We have two friendly priests, both interesting characters. Why not get in touch?
- Fr. Bill Raines (rector): 0161 224 1310
- Fr. Edmund Newey (assistant curate): 0161 225 3985
- Church office: 0161 224 0535
- e-mail: email@example.com